Why Hire Education Consultants?
You are an educated individual who went to a good school, how hard can university applications be for you? How hard can visa applications be for you? After all, it is just like filling in a large form. Why wouldn’t you be able to do it, you’re probably sitting over there thinking why should I choose an education consultant, to fill in a form? Only if it was that easy!
Your degree and the university you choose open up numerous doors for your career. Therefore, it is vital you pick the one that exposes you to the maximum number of opportunities. This is where you need experienced professionals. If you plan on applying abroad you first have to carry out some research. You are bound to ask your friends, family and even teachers for help. Each person you talk to will provide you with useful information but also end up confusing you. At the end of the day, you will end up with a lot of unstructured, and directionless advice. Chances are you will be surfing the internet searching for different universities, wasting time looking at programs and institutions which are of no use to you or your career. Therefore you need an education consultant. They not only have experience in searching for the right programs, but they also have all the required information organized and ready to be used. They cut through the endless discussions with your friends, the endless typing of words on Google, and not to mention the general wastage of time spent searching for and evaluating random universities.
However, a lot of students are still confused about the role a consultant plays in the application process. Even though there are numerous education consultants in Pakistan, very few people have clarity on what a higher education consultant does, the benefits of hiring an education consultant and why do we need an education consultant.
What does a higher education consultant do?
A higher education consultant plays two major roles in the application process. One is the advisory role, and the other is the role of planning and assistance. When you choose an education consultant the first thing on their agenda is to talk to you. They try to determine your priorities, your constraints, and most important your ambitions. An education consultant can only provide quality advice once they determine your requirements. The long chat you have with a consultant will provide them with all the details they need to formulate a personalized plan for you. This brings us to the second role. Once the education consultant understands your case, they are going to move on and provide you with a plan. This plan will shortlist all the universities and programs that will suit you. Planning will evolve into assistance; this is when the higher education consultant will essentially execute the entire plan with your approval.
Majority of the education consultants in Pakistan fail to communicate the major benefits of hiring an education consultant. Below are some of the major benefits of hiring an education consultant:
- Time: If you plan to go it alone then you will have to start from scratch. This means doing research on each country. Compiling a list of universities and the various programs and degrees they offer. Then listing down their requirements, everything from IELTS scores to SAT or GRE scores. Doing all this and then having to evaluate which university is suitable to you and your requirements. Then sitting down and applying to all the options you shortlisted, paying the application fees. All of this takes a lot of time. Something most of us don’t have. Students in their final year of school have to juggle all this and their studies. Therefore, you need to hire an education consultant. Most of the tasks like shortlisting countries, universities and then major deadlines are already done by the consultant. You just need to find the best fit and ask your consultant to apply. Considering the reasonable fees most education consultants in Pakistan charge and the amount of time you will save, is going to provide you with value for money. So next time you think, should I choose an education consultant to do this job, consider the value and availability of your time.
- Structure: hiring an education consultant brings a lot of structure to your approach. Not only do consultants have all the information readily available they also have it organised for you so your decision making becomes easy.
- Steps: A major problem with going it alone is knowing where and when to start. So next time you and your friends think, “Why do we need an education consultant?” consider the fact that an education consultant will break the entire process of research, evaluation of options, application, enrolment fees and visa applications into clear and distinct steps.
- Options: Most education consultants in Pakistan have already shortlisted universities in major countries. This makes the process of evaluation and decision making easier.
- Personalised: Each student is unique. You are different from your classmates. Your experiences, priorities and circumstances are all different. Some students might want to use a student visa as a stepping stone to live abroad and others might want to use it to enhance their careers within Pakistan. Some students would be looking for engineering schools and others might be looking towards social sciences. At the end of the day each student is going to require a personalised pathway. A path which helps them realise their goals. Higher education consultants specialise in providing a personalised service. Most education consultants in Pakistan make quite an effort on making sure they provide completely personalised services to their clients.
- Visa complications: University applications might seem easy but visa applications are not. Both do seem like simple forms but the never forget visa application involves law. They are based on rules and regulations set by the country’s government to ensure their country is safe and does not get overcrowded. This is precisely the reason what you say on your visa application and information you declare is important. Next time you think “should I choose an education consultant” remember they are not just helping you fill the form they are also there to make sure your visa application isn’t rejected.
The relationship between a higher education consultant is a special one. A consultant’s bread and butter depends on your success, your ability to secure the admission and the success of your visa application is going to be the only reason a consultant is able to attain future clients. So next time you think “why do I need an education consultant?” or “what does a higher education consultant do?” and whether to hire education consultants in Pakistan, remember these professionals are going to make the process convenient, organised, clear and increase the probability of you landing in the position you want to be in.