What Are The Benefits Of Studying Abroad
Studying abroad is a dream of many students either studying in school, college, or a university. We want to explore new cultures and traditions, meet new people, make friends, or are interested in traveling the world. No matter what the reason, studying abroad is extremely beneficial for students. Unfortunately, most of the students interested in studying abroad can not avail of this opportunity due to a lack of information or guidance regarding abroad study. Hence, it is recommended to visit foreign education consultants as they have years of experience in guiding students for exchange programs, foreign scholarships, and study abroad opportunities. We will go through a few of the many benefits of studying in a foreign university:
- Personal Growth – The experience that you gain while studying abroad is unparalleled. You will gain insights into different cultures and traditions, develop new ways of approaching things. It will open your mind to different schools of thought, and you will observe the world from a completely new perspective. Living in a single community throughout one’s lifespan develops barriers in thinking about certain subjects. Studying in a foreign university lifts any such barriers and welcomes new ideas which can greatly benefit our mindset.
- Learn A New Language – We only know how to communicate in our local language. Living abroad means we must learn and communicate in their local language. This will give you a chance to learn something new that we could never have learned otherwise. The most famous countries for higher education are usually English-speaking countries such as Australia, United Kingdom, Canada, and United States, etc., but most of the European countries do not speak English. Studying in a European country means that you will have to learn a new language. Of course, they do speak English to some extent and can have a basic conversation in English but if you want to truly experience foreign life and foreign culture, you will have to learn their local language. The good news is that almost every university offers a language course. So, if you move to a European country for higher education, you can take free language classes along with your course.
- Explore The World – We all want to travel the world, explore different countries and cities, visit famous places that we have only seen in movies and TV. Studying abroad allows us to travel internationally and visit some of the places that we have always dreamed of. Air travel is cheap when taking domestic flights in the USA or UK and it is extremely cheap when travelling through Schengen countries. Some of the return tickets are offered at unbelievably low rates, as low as $20, but you cannot check in any luggage. You are only allowed to take a limited amount of hand-carry luggage on the aircraft so you would have to choose your luggage carefully. Also, it is convenient to travel on weekends and a limited amount of luggage also will not create any inconvenience.
- Excellent Communication Skills – Living in a foreign country means that you live in a country with a different national language. You cannot talk to the locals in your language but instead had to talk to them in English or their local language. Breaking this barrier means developing excellent communication skills. You will be leaving your comfort zone and communicating with others in a different language. This not only increases your communication skills but also increases a person’s self-confidence.
- Internships / Projects Opportunity with Multi-National Companies – Summer internships are part of every bachelor’s program, and it is a mandatory requirement by almost every university. Students in Pakistan rarely get the opportunity to work with any world-renowned company and can only avail an internship opportunity with a small local company. This is a drawback not only from the employer’s perspective but also from the perspective of personal development. Local companies are less interested in the development of interns and do not provide proper guidance for the student’s benefit. Studying abroad will open many internship opportunities with companies such as Microsoft, Google, Apple, HP, and General Electric, etc. The best part of an internship with such multinationals is that are paid and offer employment at the end of the internship if you work up to the company’s expectations.
- Great Resume Booster – Competition for the job market is continuously increasing. Students are looking for ways to get that extra edge on their resume to land their dream job or secure an interview. A foreign degree is an excellent addition to your resume to stand out from the crowd. A foreign degree means that you have a distinct skillset and exposure and what you bring to the table is worth more than a degree, it is an experience. A resume stating foreign education on top of the resume will get you ahead of the competition.
- Become An Adult – Studying in a foreign university means you are living in a foreign country, either alone or sharing a room with a roommate. Since childhood, we have lived with our families and never experienced what it feels like to be alone and be responsible for every activity like cooking our food, cleaning our rooms, or washing our clothes. Studying abroad allows us to truly experience adulthood by taking care of all our responsibilities without any external help. It not only makes us responsible adults but also helps us to effectively shape our routine.